PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC Strike March 6th-10th (Brest/Bordeaux FIR's)
Old 13th Mar 2017, 13:56
Satellite Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KayPam
32 contractual hours per week (average on a 12 day roster) including 25% break time if my memory is correct.
In practise, these hours will be reduced due to lower flight activity hence lower controlling needs.
French law imposes a minimum of 11 hours between two work days as a general rule and ATCs will have that or more. No administrative duty to my knowledge

Satellite Man : underpaid, lol.
Salary for an area controller or for a tower controller at a large airport will be 5k-8k (increase from 5 to 8k€, net, before income tax over the course of one's career)
KayPam, in the UAE controllers are paid a lot more, it was in the region of 12k euro net per month 3 or 4 years ago, and the euro is not as strong as it used to be, so it means even more money now. I dont really see the point of criticising the French controllers for trying to get a normal salary raise or for defending their work conditions.

People in other sectors are getting good salary raises every year; why ATCOs shouldnt have a salary raise? Arent governments saying that the economy is starting to perform again? It would be great to see that reflected in salaries.