PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger / Scoot Interview
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2017, 08:22
dogtired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just did the assessment in Singapore.

My advise to all, avoid like the plague!

I applied for DEC 787. Have never applied for the 320. Did the online test. Got invite for online video interview, didn't bother but still got call to Singapore.

The staff there all really friendly and were dressed informally. Started with a short presentation where the first shock was - you pay for your own psychometric test (SG$425)!! But that would be day 2 after the sim.
All the DEC's were there for 787, nobody interested in the 320.

We were divided into groups for a group task, followed by a group game (river crossing).
This was followed by interview, 1 HR and 2 pilots. Basic questions.
However when I told them that I'm not interested in the 320 they weren't happy.
I was then advised the evening that I was unsuccessful.
This crowd wasted my money as I had to pay for my own ticket, hotel, taxi ect. If they paid for this it would be different.
They invited me under false pretence. There was not going to be an offer for the 787, only for the 320 (where they are absolutely desperate)
This upsets me and is misrepresentation at best, fraud at worst.
This crowd has lost face.
This crowd can't be trusted!

50 People had confirmed their attendance however only 18 pitched up.
If they advised me that they will be interviewing me for the 787 I would have declined and saved a lot of money.

The basic salary is SG$11000. The rest made up of per diems. Taxed at 25%.
On the 320 you need to self fund your type rating. No assistance provided. On the 787 you need to provide a bank guarantee for 50% and SG$500 p.m. is deducted from your salary for the balance.

The sim evaluation gets done on the 320.

320 drivers spend more time at home. 787 drivers spend almost no time at home.

No assistance is provided with licence conversion. Its done DIY.

No assistance is provided when you want to fly home unless you can fly Scoot/Tiger. It will cost you a small fortune to go home.

Had I known these things beforehand, I wouldn't have gone there.
WTF who expects us to pay for our own psychometric testing and that doesn't even mean you'll get the offer.

In summary:
Unless if you're unemployed, chose life

Fly safe