PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2017, 01:22
UncleRuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Experts. This is my first post so forgive my ignorance.

A brief background : Me: Australian non-pilot, living in Colombia, married to a Colombian, adopted three Colombian girls. The eldest (who's very smart) has just graduated from H.School at 16, and SHE is fast tracking English now, to then move on to pursue (with our help$$$) her career as a Pilot (Commercial). I started researching forums and found this one with 10 pages of very interesting and useful info. Thank you all, in advance !

But, may I bore you all with several questions ?

1. Now, in the current Trump era, VISAS to enter the USA would seem to be a shot in the dark, moreso if you're from South America. Jerry is ! Or am I wrong and there are ways for flight training students to get in still ?

2. If you could get a (student) visa, where does one look for flight training ? There are so many schools in so many states, and add to that, Universities; with fees ranging from $75000 to well above. We of course have to add housing etc to the costs... Any recommendations ?

3. The growth numbers mentioned in the past posts (2016) showed significant growth numbers for pilots in the years ahead. Is that still foreseen ?

4. If not the USA as the location for flight training, would you recommend Australia or New Zealand ? Being a Australian citizen I "should" be able to get her a visa there (though my own govt is becoming as xenophobic as the US).

5. It's been recommended to us by local AVIANCA pilots, to do the theoretical studies here (good school they say is the AAA in Medellin) in Colombia, then accumulate flying hours in the USA. Does this seem to be an option, experts ?

I'd greatly appreciate ANY suggestions from any and all.