PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A very good military read
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2017, 22:00
kintyred

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
Kintyred:-

I totally endorse your comments, and of course the book as well. Mull was perhaps the worst airworthiness related UK military fatal air accident in the past 30 odd years, but by no means the only one. PPRuNe threads alone account for some 70 needless deaths in such tragedies, and David Hill's book deals with the "woods" of the dysfunctional UK Military Air Safety System, why it became so, who were responsible, the cover up since, as well as the loss of ZD576 itself. Those interested in the system's reform but are put off by the arcane nature of it all can do no better than to read this book. Highly recommended:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Their-Great...atest+Disgrace
Thanks Chug,

David Hill has very kindly let me read the draft of his next book, which deals with the procurement failings of MOD. It will strike a chord with many current and retired servicemen. As ever he quotes chapter and verse of a number of sorry episodes. I don't want to give away the plot but it will come as no surprise to find that the bad guys are still in charge. I must just quote one cracking line. "....competence is simply not tolerated by senior MOD staff, because it raises the bar of expectation among the Services and Industry."
Another page turner.