PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2017, 15:38
International Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg,
Don't know what your system is like now but, going back to the late 70's to mid 80's, I recall some really inexperienced pilots (4-500 hours and a bare twin endorsement) as well as some less than stellar operators that managed to squeeze through the cracks. A few are 380 cpts now.
Met one a few years back who appeared to forget that he had only ever had one , casual , junior instructor job before joining QF.

To the applicants ;
I feel for you but, even though
you have to prepare and roll over on command for a job, remember that the interview processes have been proven to be next to worthless. I read just yesterday that a CEO took his company employment screening and found that he didn't even rate a position as a cleaner.
Creating and runnng these processes is just empire building and back slapping. The good, the bad and the ugly slip through at similar rates.
Some pilots who were (are) far better than I ,never got a look into airlines and , some out and out liars and , some complete f-wits now command airliners.
If you don't get a shot, don't take it personally, just try somewhere else.
It is a much smaller world today with many more opportunities . Don' t wait on some BS ' hold file' that won't feed your family or limit yourself to your own back yard. Love that term ' hold file'. Hold for what?
Who knows where your future lies? There are better jobs, go out and find them.