PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ap3456?
Thread: Ap3456?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2017, 12:55
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
I refused to consider the A2 until a proper syllabus had been written - before then it was often a case of "I know more questions than you know answers", particularly from the old guard at BSS Topcliffe.

So when an A2 syllabus did appear, I got on with it. My pencil handwritten notes also included a few extra bits of theory (such as why minimum drag speed is theoretically equal to 1.32 minimum power speed - something CFS groundschool couldn't prove) and I decided that there was no way I was going to do that much work more than once. So despite some of the 'instruction' at BSS, I went down to sunny Scampton and found the actual A2 test a breeze.

So many people later copied my pencilled notes that the photocopier feed roller became covered in graphite and had to be cleaned professionally!

The original CFS books were quite useful - although there was an important bit missing from Machmeter theory (really useful for the Bulldog!), relating static pressure and density. At BSS, one of the QFIs was working up for his A1 and was baffled by this - perhaps because I provided the explanation he gave me an easy ride through the groundschool element of the A2 work up?

Good luck with your A2, Professor Plum; top tip - remember "HOW" when briefing your pretend Bloggs, not "WHAT"!

And don't spend the A2 pay rise too quickly....