PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 12th Mar 2017, 11:59
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi G0ULI --

One item that cropped up in the report is that the altimeter settings on both the left and right altimeters were not set to 1013 mbar which was the correct QNH and QFE setting for the day. That shows a lack of attention to detail on behalf of the pilot, although it could be argued that the instrument settings were altered in the crash or while they were being removed for examination. That is rather unlikely, but it remains a faint possibility.
What is the difference between a "faint possibility" and a "plausible explanation"?

Can you remind me whether the QNH set was the regional or what? Maybe I missed it but it isn't clear. Actual QNH North Weald, Shoreham, or the regional QNH? Obviously I'm not suggesting that in those met conditions this was a causative factor but detail is detail. The pilot is being accused of lack of attention to detail by a report that seems to be either lacking in detail or prejudiced.