PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 17:03
CPT4C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tonyflaire

The morale as you know has been better however which UK airline over the last couple of years has not had a hard time? I will offer my opinion on the points you raised.

1 Pay rise: we have just had 1% which we were promised from last year this years rise is having its final negotiations in september.

2 How many airlines offer new entrants a final salary scheme now? even BA have stopped theirs. The company in order to keep the scheme for the current pilots is putting in approx 6% more of our basic salary while we are having to contribute 2%.
The top hat scheme will vary over the years, yes it has just gone down however it will probably go up again in the future.

3 Day off payment i agree is not great £250 for f/o £350 for capt however you do not have to work a day if you do not want to and two years ago we did not have any payment at all.

4 I cannot imagine any crews doing 3 TLV a week it is not legal or did you mean there are 3 TLV flights a week on the 757

5 positioning after night duties i have noticed no difference, in EDI this summer they are giving us 12 hours off after a night duty prior to airlining home which twe never used to get.

6 Sector pay is not popular with the pilots however BALPA are looking into it at the moment

7 The CTC pilots by all accounts are very good.

8 Very few pilots leave there have been less that 5 this year.

I still think MON is probably the best airline in the UK however as you say we have an accountant at the controls who is keen to cut costs but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt( at the moment) as the last 2 years have not been easy.