PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing on private land.
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 17:19
Jettiejock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a local councillor mention to me that a neighbour had claimed that I flew over her paddock at 70 feet causing her horse to bolt, throwing her partner from the animal. But he decided not go to hospital for his injuries. She also had claimed that my flying had spooked he cows in the field near my strip and they were producing less milk. However, the day in question, her friend, another horse owner and rider, had been in the helicopter with me and had remarked how, as we flew over the field at 700 feet agl, her horses had neither noticed us or moved at all.

Subsequently, every flight I did I pointed out to my passengers how the horses and Cattle never seemed to notice or move as we flew over their fields. Except, this one day when I started making my comment and then the cows immediately scattered in the field. I then saw the cause - my complainant neighbour, who was the Hunt Mistress, was in the saddle chasing a fox with a pack of hounds and the Cattle were truly terrified. Such amazing integrity I thought.