PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Criminal record (Nearly spent)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 15:08
Neolamprologus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is me staying away from aviation doing everyone a favour? How very judgemental of you.

I wouldn't have thought getting into a couple of scuffles in my life made me public enemy number one, nor made me any less trust worthy or capable of working in aviation, be it a solo pilot or an airline pilot.

I am just trying to figure out if legally I can work abroad. As far as the UK is concerned, my convictions will be spent and I am no better nor worse than anyone else once my convictions become spent and that's the way I and anyone else should be treated. The types of Convictions which seriously do bring into question ones character simply do not become spent at all, or if they do the rehabilitation period is very long. Both my offences were very minor and as such have short rehabilitation periods....

If anyone out there with a spent coviction has applied for jobs outside of the Uk, knows someone who has or just us knowledge on the matter that id really like to hear from you.

The only other thing I can think of doing is calling up some overseas airlines and asking them what they would need for a criminal record check from a UK citizen. I wonder if they would tell me.

Thanks in advance all help appreciated.