PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citywing
Thread: Citywing
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 14:06
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The annual airline safety award published by Geoffrey Thomas which always names Qantas as #1 is published to keep him in the Chairman's Lounge and nothing else.

You have a very valid point. Malaysia will likely forever have a reputation as being unsafe as statistically, they probably due to the two crashes, but I'd fly them tomorrow. They're a real airline, they are accountable, if I'm killed my family know whose door to knock on.

This is not the same as a ticket seller masquerading as an airline. It's branding says airline. It's name says airline. It's name is on check in desks. It's name is painted on the side of planes. It's website it like any other airline. They even did the rostering for flight 7100.

It wants to be an airline without the hassle and investment of being an airline and when things go t^ts up they were quick to walk away and say 'we were just the ticket seller', Flightline BCN were the bad guys. They killed your loved on. Oh, and then shut up shop mysterious soon after then appearing with the exact same heavily criticised setup, same management, same airlines operating service (minus Flightline BCN) but with a different name.

I apologise if I seem overly harsh and I'm sorry for anyone who has lost their job, but life is very precious. It cannot be risked by some two bob outfit who runs like an airline but seemingly without the vast amounts of safety systems that a real airline has. If you want to be seen as a real airline, then you need to put the same effort into safety as a real airline. Manx2 and Citywing have had a decade to get things right. They've continued to get it wrong and it is only fair that they be shut down.