PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A very good military read
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 14:05
olympus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive my resurrecting this thread but I wanted to mention a few 'military' titles that I have recently read and enjoyed-

An Evil Boy ...He Flew Spitfires - Flt Lt A H Wittridge

Six Weeks of Blenheim Summer
- Alastair Panton & Victoria Panton Bacon. Deals with just six weeks of the author's life as a Blenheim pilot before he became a PoW but an absolute page-turner. Highly recommended.

Fighter Pilot-The Life of Battle of Britain Pilot Bob Doe - Dr Helen Doe. An enjoyable bio of a BoB pilot who by his own admission had none of the 'normal' qualification to be a fighter pilot and RAF officer. Written by his daughter.

Everlasting Arms - Air Commodore John Searby. A memoir of Bomber Command.

No Flight From The Cage - Cal Younger. Originally published not long after the war and another page-turner. Engrossing account of wartime life (and of getting from Australia in order to participate in the war) and life as a PoW.

Warlike Sketches 1939-1945 - Arrol Macfarlane. The adventures of a WW2 Royal Artillery officer who came from Argentina and became an AOP Auster pilot operating initially in North Africa and then north through Italy during which time he managed to write-off six Austers. Another very interesting and enjoyable read.

Last edited by olympus; 11th Mar 2017 at 15:08. Reason: Correction