PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying through a NOTAM'd display area
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 08:48
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about having a non-NOTAMed display of nine Tiger Moths take place around you only to find a few days later that you have been reported to the Enforcement Branch of the CAA in an attempt to get you prosecuted for something. Rather interestingly, this display did not have a DA and the crowd watching the aerobatics numbered several thousand, more than the organisers were expecting. I know it didn't have a DA because their display was being assessed by Mr T for the granting of one. I was the only person the air that day in that area whose flying was covered by a NOTAM. When I spoke with the CAA's Mr. Frost he didn't expect a question from me about an illegal flying display. "I shall have words" was his reply.

Morals of the story: 1. Always read the NOTAMS, including the ones that describe your own activities. They may be wrong or non-existent. 2. When you starting flinging the proverbial, make sure you are wearing Teflon. Some may stick. 3. Be prepared to re-plan when the conditions change.

PM