PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 11th Mar 2017, 08:25
terry holloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris2303
Add to that G-LOC, A-LOC and a TIA have no diagnosable symptoms after the event and we have to wonder if one, or all, of these may have been the reason for an uncharacteristic event.
Which he presumably also suffered at the Southport display?

At least this series of (sometimes extraordinary) posts is providing a remarkable "beauty parade" of experts to spring to his defence and confuse the jury at the inevitable manslaughter trial!

What no one is addressing on this thread is why a complex (the armchair experts will say its not complex notwithstanding the complexity of its engineering - which evidence has shown was not being properly maintained!) ex military jet was on the civil register in the first place. Nobody has also questioned why a vertical manoeuvre was being flown in the display. I hired the same aeroplane (different pilot) for a display at at Cambridge and as Air Display organiser/Director I specifically dictated that there should not be any loops. A very smooth and safe display was flown which was seen and enjoyed by the crowd which wanted to see the aeroplane at close quarters. What's the point in displaying an aeroplane a mile away from the crowd at the top of a loop? Whose benefit or ego is that for?
Also echoing in my mind are the "mutterings" of the "flying officers union" on the Hunter Wing at RAF West Raynham in the mid 60s, who often expressed the view that "the aging station commander" (who was in his 40s) was "past it". (for flying Hunters) !!

Last edited by terry holloway; 11th Mar 2017 at 08:26. Reason: Predictive text. Pah!