PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 05:49
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,
I have my SIC is a 29 years old kid, very sharp and I am pushing him to get a job with the regionals and flying the E175 or E190. He keeps saying that the salary the first year is around 65k with bonuses and the second year drop drastically. Is that true?
Someone told me that you fly the maximum hours allowed and around 20 days a month you can make up to 100k a year
Make sure you read the fine print. Some regionals that are advertising huge first year pay are actually including some items that don't really go in your bank. Some of the bonuses are really good. Having said that, $100,000 on second year pay is extremely unlikely. $100,000 is possible of they upgrade to captain and work really hard and get a bonus, but unless they are coming from another part 121 carrier or certain part 135 jobs, they probably won't even have the minimums to upgrade to captain by second year.

I do know junior captains at my company making upwards of $125,000 a year and senior captains making between $160,000 and $200,000 a year, so there is the potential to make a good salary, but don't have your expectations too high for the first couple of years.