PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 21:41
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Is that not exactly what you are trying to do with ATC now? Ie, your implication is they are there, they are doing nothing, lets have them do this just to fill in their day. I, and probably every other ex-FSO, find that pretty insulting.
On that note, Dick's comments in the Australian yesterday regarding ASA:
'They have built up a bureaucracy in Canberra. They keep putting people on, it is like a secret society. Airservices could have a lot less people and still run effectively.'
To be fair, he said that
'he was not concerned about the job cuts provided they did not affect operational staff'
I'd like to know where you got your facts from, Dick - do you know what the back room staff do, or where you might trim off the so-called excess? They're not exactly your standard organisation, are they? Who provides all the tech support? Admin and logistics? Is there that much fat in the organisation?

Your throwaway comments such as 'secret society' are clearly loved by the press, but while that stuff is fine on an internet forum, when you go out in public people listen to your comments, some of which I reckon are pretty baseless (not all).