PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier patch
Thread: Harrier patch
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 20:07
Dave Haggas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explanation....

Thank you all for your help with this request. Thank you also Bonajet for your comment.
Regarding my initial post. I own a Mk9 Harrier T4 ejection seat. It has been an ongoing project since 2006. It is now complete and even has that hard to find item a rocket pack installed.
I'm a stickler for detail. It's in the nature of my job, I repair carbon fibre mainly for the Motorsport sector. It's my own company.
The seat has every detail that it should have, even down to the apron which would be fitted on the rear seat when a solo flight was in order.
So regarding the pilot figure. It seems natural to me to have such a thing stood next to the seat.
Location is in my workshop. I have an eight year old son who simply loves the seat, we have the manuals. He loves wearing the helmet. He says he wants to be a pilot, as his Dad, me, failed on that score. I was land bound during my time in the RAF.
My interest started way back when I was 12. The Falklands war was on and that started my interest in Harriers. My late Father took me to various establishments up and down the country, especially Wittering. He had an interest in aircraft and all things mechanical, ex REME.
Many days were spent in Mr Lambs field watching those Harriers. We even had visits inside for me to take detail photos as I used to make models for exhibition. I converted the 1/24th Airfix Harrier GR1 into a T4. It took a year to do. It resulted in me attaining the Junior champion award at the IPMS nationals in 1985. I digress.
So regarding the reason for the request, I think back to when my Dad, God bless him used to encourage me in an interest. I'd like to think I'm doing similar.
Sorry for the long post!