PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS - Remote Towers
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 20:05
Spambhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really ?

Originally Posted by ZOOKER
If you went to your dentist, and he/she was performing a separate procedure, on another patient, at the same time as you were being treated, would you be happy?
Imagine if a heart surgeon, or a vet, was performing 2 operations simultaneously, and one of them went wrong........
NATS is keen on RPAS technology......But should a 'Drone Operator' control 2 separate RPAS units simultaneously?
Do you ever see a checkout operator, at TESCO, Waitrose or Sainsbury's, working 2 tills at the same time?.........No, I though so.

But it's O.K. for ATCOs.......Allegedly.
I've heard some bad analogies in my time.

Approach is in a darkened room with radar ? It could be your in garden shed for all it matters. The tech has made it wholly plausible, from a centre, for decades. There's half your tower gone in a blink. Savings to the provider and customer, huge ! Why ? Because ATCO's consider themselves beyond tech, which is hilarious. I could train a hybrid, in months, to do the job. Your time is up, as well as Tels and Admin, as has been proven in the last 10 years. My ATC colleagues are trying to leave, have left or are in despair regards their future. Hardly surprising, NATS went on a journey about 15 years ago, but forgot to take their people with them. NATS, in particular, dropped the ball and the Germans picked it up and scored a try. Well done UK LTD.