PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Criminal record (Nearly spent)
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 13:08
Neolamprologus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK Criminal record (Nearly spent)

Hi All,

I am working through my flight training at the moment with a view to obtaining a frozen ATPL.

I am fully aware of the Rehabilitaiton of offenders act and how this all works in the UK. By the time I finish my training and Im job hunting my conviction (ABH - 100 Hours community service) will be spent. I also have two other offences for assault when I was a teenager, they were just common assault and dealt with by a fine only and have been spent for some time.

My question is this:

I am single with no familly (32) and more than willing to basically move anywhere in the world for my first job. However, Im struggling to understand how my criminal convictions (once the last one is spent) will fare for applying to jobs abroad? I see jobs in other EU countries for low hours frozen ATPL pilots, singapore, UAE, etc etc...

Does anyone have any experience of this type of thing for countries OTHER than the UK? I dont want to limit myself to applying to jobs in the UK only but it seems like the UK might be the only place I would be employable? Does anyone have any thoughts or info on this?

I know outwith basic disclosures (all thats required for pilot in the UK, shows ONLY unspent convictions), there is such a thing as a police certificate (which I believe shows everything forever?) and also a subject disclosure request (another type of police certificate that shows everything too). Do foreign airlines ask for the Basic disclosure and accept this or would it be the police certificates only?

Also, same question goes for VISAS. Seems like UAE dont even ask about criminal records for VISAS?

Basically, Im looking for some advice on how I could go about applying for overseas low hours jobs and managed to be successful considering I at the time of applying will have 3 spent convictions, 2 old and one 3 years old.

All help greatly appreciated!