PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 13:03
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are banned people allowed back on the site with new names? I don't get it. The owners and majority of users of the site don't want to read their tedious repeating comments. Yet they keep coming back posting the same old ****
Pots and kettles, Turtle controller. Good name by the way, very descriptive.

You can run but you cannot hide, Turtle controller, here's something you posted on another forum a while back:

"23 - by turtlecontroller November 18, 2014

Pprune thread was a joke. It's relevance to MAN was dubious. It was hijacked by bagso who has no unique news or info to bring to the debate just a morbid fascination with minute detail and his personal obsession with marketing. It was largely irrelevant, extremely repetitive and frankly boring. The "sticky" section on the thread contains an excellent post by the owner that clearly sets out terms of use etc. I am surprised they tolerated it as long as they did. Lengthy bans should be in place for the worst offenders ( bagso, shed and fair deal frank). I pray they don't bring their drivel across here.
"

Quote:
Btw sirhumphreynorth sounds a lot like bagso.....
I was going to post similar earlier this morning, but decided against it. I suppose we can now look forward to pages of rants about how hard done to the Northwest, and Greater Manchester in particular is...until Sir Humphrey is retired and takes his "civil service pension".

Still I suppose "Bernard" will be waiting in the wings!
Thought the same, and maybe, just maybe, Shed is around somewhere.

Welcome back Bagso and Shed!!

I recognise that I may be slated for my comments but I fully endorse observations about the continuing dialogue over HS2 and other issues not being appropriate to PPRuNe. I accept the right to freedom of speech but this is an AVIATION forum so if those wishing to discuss trains then
perhaps they could go elsewhere. Therefore so that they are not inhibited maybe they can try UK Railway Discussion - RailUK Forums
At the risk of getting slated as well, would say that some sort of fast intercity link (the so-called HS3) and a Manchester Crossrail between Liverpool-Manchester-Leeds-Sheffield and RINGWAY (relevance: surface access) is essential in the northern powerhouse and as soon as. Don't want it becoming a Heathrow-type saga of dithering, procrastination and delay, and eventual inaction.

On the other hand, HS2 is a vanity project and an irrelevance. It will suck even more economic activity towards the south east and therefore offers nothing positive to the north west.

I'm sure WW is a shrewd man, but some of his comments don't make sense to me.
BA did react to loco and set up a perfectly good operation with GO based at STN, which could have expanded into LHR & LGW. Instead chose to sell.
The mistake was setting it up at STN as a stand-alone.

It should have been an operation with bases at LHR (and maybe LGW), BHX, GLA, and MAN under similar arrangements to the AF, IB and LH equivelants.

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it, forgive the armchair CEO mode.

I'm relieved the CX spokesperson Mr Paul Loo stopped short of being flushed with the success of the various routes
Not getting bogged down with karsi humour, good to see it.