PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 10th Mar 2017, 11:57
Lacondeguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as many others said, this thread has been really helpful to me, and I would like to contribute with my own experience.

29/1/2017: Application sent
20/2/2017: Email saying that they will call
21/2/2017: Call
3/3/2017: Assessment day
7/3/2017: Email with positive answer

The day of the assessment began at 8 in the morning at Ryanair headquarters. We were 8 guys being assessed, and out of these 8, we were 6 Spaniards. We were picked up and they showed us a little bit of the building and where we were going to stay for the day.
We were briefed on how the day was going to go and paired with our sim partners. They were really friendly and did a very good job relaxing us and making us feel right at home.

My sim partner an I where the last ones to get to the simulator, and the day went a little bit slow for us, since from 8 until around 15:30 we did nothing apart from getting more nervous.

Just before the simulator we had the personal interview, and the questions for me were the next ones:

HR questions:
-Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
-How would you pay for your type rating?
-What qualities could you bring to Ryanair?
-Weaknesses?
-They asked a lot of questions about my previous job (Flight dispatcher for Ryanair)
-Have you applied to any Spanish airlines? I said that 2 days ago I applied to Iberia and they asked me what would I choose if I was offered a job by RYR and Iberia at the same time.

Technical questions:
-Critical angle of attack.
-Ac. Lenticularis.
-737 seats.
-737 navigation systems / MEP navigation systems.
-737 winglets
-Angle of incidence.
-Take off segments.
-Anti-ice and de-ice systems on MEP.

Simulator:
-We all got Liverpool RWY 27, WAL2T. Wind 300/10, 8 km visibility and overcast at 800ft.
-I was first PF and chose to fly from the right seat.
-Normal take of following the SID, then we did 30º turns, accelerations and decelerations and climbs and descents of 1000ft/min.
-We were both asked separately to point where we were on the approach chart.
-Then we were asked what our QDM was and asked to follow a QDM to the station which differed only 10º from our actual QDM. We prepared the holding and the assessor then told us we had smoke on the toilet. I handed over the controls to my partner and did both DODAR and NITS briefings.
-When I got back the controls I realised we were not exactly where we were supposed to be (We where on inbound heading but the ADF needle was pointing somewhere else, so he probably overshot when turning and didn’t correct in time, so the assessor told me that I had to make a decision and I went directly to the station).
-Then we where repositioned with a heading to intercept the localiser for the NDM ILS DME Rwy 27.
-When the runway was in sight the ILS went down and we continued visual.
My partner got exactly the same, but with a different emergency.

Out of the 8 on that day, 4 of us got a positive answer. It honestly feels like a lottery, because I was not happy at all about my simulator session, I was so nervous and made a lot of mistakes, but I think that both my partner and I realised in time and corrected them properly.

As you can see my experience was exactly the same as many others have posted on this forum, so no surprises for me. So I think that with this forum you can prepare really good for the assessment.

Anyway sorry for the long post, and I hope that it helps!

Last edited by Lacondeguy; 11th Mar 2017 at 16:38.