PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best airlines
Thread: Best airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 10:43
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service is such a subjective thing there is no real answer. My father was no stranger to First Class, he was a regular flyer to the US, South Africa and the Far East. The thing he wanted was a big seat and to be left well alone. Every now and again he changed his mind. With BA & Virgin the CA's appeared to know what he wanted without him telling them so. But with some other carriers, mainly US ones, he was regularly bothered by people offering him things he didn't want. With Far Eastern carriers he felt constantly bothered to point of (kindly) asking them to leave him alone. No clues for guessing who he mainly flew with. He also used to tell me about the precious crud (my words) he used to share cabin space with. He was full of admiration for the CA's because these passengers are not nice. They are full of themselves and believe they are so important you must do everything they ask, no matter how perverse. Yet the CA's still remained calm and polite where a normal person would have removed their teeth.

Overall, it depends on what you call service. I'm like my father. I want a comfortable seat, the occasional meal and drink on a safe flight running on time. Simple really.

Last edited by Piltdown Man; 10th Mar 2017 at 11:47. Reason: Autocorrect got me again...