PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overseas airspace – how did I ever live?
Old 10th Mar 2017, 07:38
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon Dick, not again, please. It's stuff like this that writes you off in the credibility department before you even start. You have good ideas (often at least) and are obviously a good bloke, but there's no need for obvious garbage like that the above which has no basis in reality.
junior.VH-LFA

I get the idea from your posts that your first professional job after leaving school/uni is the RAAF.

Have you ever worked outside Australia, or have you ever worked professionally in the private sector?

And if you've been deployed, was it purely with other Australian forces, or was it in a "Combined/Joint" setting?

I ask these questions because I've done all the above (replace RAAF with Army), and IME:

If we ever have a war we are going to be in dire straights if the existing RAAF people are in charge
is on the money, but you can include Army and Navy as well.

My experience in Iraq was that the Americans and English were there to conduct Counterinsurgency operations; most of the rest of the coalition forces were there to 'wave the flag', as it were. The Australians were, by and large, little more than cadets playing at war games and getting in the way of the Americans.

As far as the Australian forces were concerned, results (such as conducting operations, actually interdicting insurgents, etc.) never mattered. So long as every procedure was carried out to the letter. In other words, A Battalion could tour Iraq, not do anything constructive at all (and some did just that), but the commander would get a commendation on a job well done because all the procedures were adhered to. (And before you reply, you may just want to question WHY the Battalion didn't do anything constructive).

So, yes, IMHO, if we were ever to be invaded...

By the time the powers that be had decided what colour to make the cover on the report, the foreign powers would be raising their flag in Canberra.

DIVOSH!