PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 05:48
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I really don't know what you're on about, Dick. What's your point? Get rid of radios for VFR in G?

Right now, you don't have to make any reports when VFR in G unless they're associated with doing something at an aerodrome (joining, departing, or operating in the circuit or on the runway) or you consider them necessary for safety. In the cruise, just fly along and listen out, or if you think you need to call to alert someone to your presence, make a call.

Calls near airfields make things safer, no doubt about it - ever heard a call from someone in the same position, co-altitude that you hadn't seen and could have hit? I certainly have. Then there's the idiots who fly through CTAFs and don't call.

Yes, get the circuit calls on to 126.7 or another designated frequency and off the area freq, but what's all this other stuff you're rambling on about, half wound back or what we used to do ... we all know that stuff, what's important is where we are now, not going off on some personal agenda to do who knows what.

And while I'm on a rant, yes, if you have a radio, bloody listen out on it.