PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia concerns
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2017, 03:00
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bullwinkle
I'm starting to think this is a standard QANTAS strategy.
Send Gary Toomey to Ansett, that gets rid of them.
Send Borghetti to Virgin. Looks like they're going the same way!
I think that's a little grassy-knoll like conspiratorial if you're serious but if not, it is at least amusing that former QF executives who seem to be lauded for the very fact that leave QF are not hugely successful. Could it be rather that QF was right to let them go... with the big guy I'd say yes, he was Strong appointment and was more concerned with his company BMW, birds-it on his window and chewing gum on tiles in the domestic terminal than anything to do with the welfare of the company, like many of Strong's appointments - he was a crony. JB presumably survived the JS era because he was a yes man. None of these people impressed, which is why they were eventually found out for not being very good. The previous QF execs that were dispensed with by JS in many cases ended up being snapped up by other well regarded airlines. I don't think it's QF strategy, I just think it's Boards that don't know much... the company in question in this thread doesn't even supply it's frontline managers with information about how their budgets are tracking, period reports or similar, it all seems to be secret squirrel stuff so is it any wonder that the place doesn't make a profit. I'm told they also spend money on systems that don't get implemented and when they do fully implement a system, liker reservations or airport, it's usually the wrong system. The company seems to be a mess and have very few people who have a clue what they are doing. That's the problem and short of a revolution it would seem impossible to fix at this stage as long as the Village 'cone of silence' and 'bubble' continue to blur out reality.