PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John and Martha King
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 12:50
BIK_116.80
on your FM dial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roach trap,

BIK let people make up there [sic] own minds and get your hand of [sic] it
If you think that one post from me somehow prevents people making their own assessment and forming their own view then you must be inferring that people are significantly more gullible than I would give them credit for. How has my post in any way reduced your ability, for example, to make up your own mind? Doesn’t the very existence of your dissenting comments prove that you have been able to make up your own mind? Aren’t your very comments a self-defeating prophecy?

Captain Custard,

QF (and AA when they were around) don't want to subsidise VFR, and, after reading the posts here from Bindook, Winstun and others, I don't want to either.
I’ve never sought any sort of subsidy from anyone.

I’m happy to pay for all the air traffic services I need - ie none.

You guys [blah blah blah] do not deserve any sympathy.
Who’s seeking sympathy?

Bindook, go and make a fortune printing thousands of nice maps for VFR to use....
Why? I don’t need the money, nor do I need the maps. I’m very happy with my US military ONCs for topographic information and my Jeppesen enroute charts for airspace and navaid data – all ably assisted by the Garmin’s moving map display. I’ve never been lost yet!

(I’m a particular fan of the S11 ONC, if you get my drift. )

NAS won't save a cent and will decrease safety to boot, and to have two yanks come over here and tell me otherwise really gets up my nose.
Is that because you suffer from xenophobia, or is it just that you dislike taking advice from anyone?

....I draw the line at having to mix it with no-radio circuit traffic....
Who’s forcing you to? If you cant stand the heat....