PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2017, 22:22
HughMartin

Howcanwebeexpectedtoflylikeeagles
whensurroundedbyturkeys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hugh I know! But my only choice is to hang onto them in hope! A good friend told me once that HOPE is what makes the markets work.
You may hope that Hope makes the markets work but I think greed and fear are more powerful drivers of the markets.

How's retirement treating you. Well I hope. You were one of the good guys who made it all the way to the end! Seems like a lifetime ago already.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have got through my career without having been killed, sacked or made redundant at any time.

It was fun in the early days and I thoroughly enjoyed the flying right up to my last flight (especially the 225), the crew room banter and general camaraderie. I did eventually get sick of the way that good senior aviation managers, who were prepared to stand up to the bean counters and commercial salesmen who thought they were just selling widgets, were pushed out and replaced by "here today, gone tomorrow" faceless individuals who had no real history or working knowledge of the industry.

And don't get me started on what I am reading about the "rebranding" of our ex employer. What a waste of money for no benefit