PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Buy on Board
Thread: BA Buy on Board
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2017, 21:45
Davef68

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
C For many in the London area choice is determined by airport and location for me its LHR 1 LGW 2 and STN never since it takes longer to get to the airport than the flight. Also FF miles can be a big issue for regular company travellers .
I do a lot of work in various parts of London, so choice of airport (from EDI) depends on where my customers are - Stansted or Luton for the North/East, Gatwick for South and LHR for the West. It's interesting that the BA prices to LGW are usually much less than to LHR (I have on one occasion flown to LGW for a meeting under the Heathrow flight path as LHR was just too expensive at short notice). Customers pay my expenses so their is a commercial reason to keep as cheap as possible. I used to use Virgin quite a lot when they were on LHR route, but now it's back to BA. (Flybe - two hours EDI to LHR? No thanks)

This week was first flight on BA since BoB came in - I grabbed an M&S sandwich in the shop at the airport, cost me £3.50. Missed my cookd breakfast and coffee though!

I suspect BA will survive on the company accounts (where BA means Booked Always) where people can top up their Avios.