PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John and Martha King
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 12:25
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US CTAF

MBZ & CTAF as an airspace will no longer exist. It will be a recommended practice to make MORE calls than now. This will apparently reduce freq congestion... Inbound call at about 10nm for a bug-smasher, bit further out for Dick in his Crustacean. Nothing marked on charts, other than non-126.7 freqs. Same procedure for YPMQ and a rectangularish paddock in the middle of nowhere.

PRIORITES

I remember Boyd Munroe's stunt a few years ago, flying around in circles all day over BIK and still unable to land at SY. I can't help thinking multiple runways facilitate the flexibility the Kings spoke of at LA. Using one runway, with wake-turb separation and the difference in performance, it costs about 2 jets worth of slot to land one bug-smasher. With that in mind, regardless of it being a rule now, all it would take is a CHANGE of rule and it would be done, and f*ck the paying passenger. It might even provide a boost to GA and business aviation if they didn't have to wait for somebody to die before they could inherit a landing slot So, Dick, why isn't that one of your "characteristics"?????

Developing the theme, why does our runty f*ckw*t of a prime minister get priority over the same paying passenger. If I get the nose of my car in front of his car on a Canberra roundabout a traffic cop doesn't jump out of a bush and make me drive in circles until he's gone. First in best dressed, why not??? It could be fun to manage the changes in sequence! Us Maestro newbies are learning things can change quickly anyhow! The only real casualty would be the ridiculous movement cap at Sydney.