PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 10:36
baboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockboy and Gash Bag Airways

Rockboy, Gash Bag Airways PM me. I hope we fly together soon.
Oh my.... you two have made my laugh so much because everything you have said is so so so so so TRUE !!!
Anyone thinking about joining GB Airways needs medical and mental assistance ASAP because you must be INSANE!!!!!
I have worked for a charter before and I tell you... work for them was like being on a constant holiday...4 days off, 4 days standby (not called out), 4 days off. What a fun time I have had.
I had a great first year At G.B with all our nightstops (AGP,FAO,LHR,CMN,ALC,VLC) most of them 3 day trips. BUT, times have changed so so so much.
One crappy 12 hr nightstop a month if you are lucky. Bag searches and bar commission taken from us ( I haven`t signed my form either, as per my letter from my union saying not to).Some old office temp who now thinks she is the Queen of uniforms, telling us what not to wear and how to wear our underwear etc ( Notes put on our permanant file if you have a Beef and mustard stain our your person...anywhere).
6 Days on 2 Days off all the bloody time, even in the winter.
G.B is trying to be a posh charter airline. Dont get me wrong , it was when I first joined,. But know its just shell suits and fake designer labels everywhere ( especially on the Alicante!!!)

I have to say that the crew are 95% of the time briiliant to fly with. Had many a good laughs in the forward galley on the crew seat, trying to fight off the frost bite , whilst trying not to breath in the so called (acetone smell) fumes into my delicate non-smoking lungs.
I so look forward to the Paphos in October!!!!! 5 hours each way of drinks,wine,nasty hot meal,tea&coffeex2,duty free and ice creams that break your teeth because they are frozen like rocks, no crew rest and then thinking that the luck BA LHR crew do the same flight time but to Larnaca (2 hrs drive from paphos ) and get 2 days off by the beach, while we have to work ourselves into the ground. Only to be given a flight the next morning ( oh yes, that will happen).
Well all I can say to all you wannabe GB crew. Think very carefully about the choices you make. Yeah you may think it sounds great to do one nightstop a month, but after you first 3 sectors out, 12 hrs off, 3 sectors back, all with a full serivce, you may have made the wrong decision.I would love to do charter work again, but my days at GB have just about worn me out. I have actually gone off flying for a living and wish for a normal job.
Good luck in whatever you do. I am just trying to rest on my two crappy days off before going back to do 6 more days on.

Last edited by baboy; 22nd Aug 2003 at 11:22.