PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help a future pilot
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 10:19
Bokomoko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gerard,
1- Airlines care about only if you have all prerequisites – some only requires the high school diploma, others a college degree. But minimum licenses, ratings, and flying hours are essential as well - and if you have a good background I can assure you that you will be more prepared for the screening process, including written tests and interviews. So, you can meet some requirements… it’s a good beginning. A good career preparation starts from the early days in your life. Good education and health are very important, however you don’t need to be the best student at your school but all steps must be considered and they’ll help you in the future. But in general, airline human resource will certainly pay much more attention to your curriculum concerning a good aviation standard, since your first contact with an airplane as a student pilot.

2- Question: Also I'd like an honest opinion from airline pilots out there : do you enjoy your jobs fully or would you rather fly bush planes,EMS or police airwing?
Answer: When I was a kid I always dreamed to be an airline pilot …. Today, I fly a big bird, and I love it, but I miss my days flying a Piper Arrow. So, enjoy every day and step in your life and career….

Good luck!
Bkmk