PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD-83 RTO Overrun at KYIP
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2017, 13:20
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
Strong, those Maddogs are. A lesser, tinfoil machine would have buckled in the middle...
Yep, I get the feeling that this plane will make stronger beer cans than a Boeing would have. Or, will it fly again?

Originally Posted by Huck
Would you prefer Mighty Dog? (MD-11)
As you know, the MD-11 is also warmly referred to as 'The Turtle' because of its tendency to roll on its back and head for the water.

Originally Posted by pax britanica
Sports team charters seem to figure quite bit in these kind or RTO or landing over runs, I suppose the guarantee the incident makes the enws but I wonder if the fact that most of the pax are approaching twice the weight of the 'standard' pax might mean the actual weight is rather more than the books suggest
One of the issues in the sports news was that the luggage and band equipment needed to be released by the feds before they could take alternate transportation. I'm wondering if this baggage in the hold was weighed last night to check the accuracy of the weight and balance calculations?

Anyway, looks like they just arrived in IAD on a Delta B-752, N662DN, for a noon game three hours from now.