PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of excessive and unreasonable CASA actions
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 09:34
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE CORPORATION WINS

Torres,
Nice to be in agreement with you today.

Having spent many years in a Govt corporation, I became somewhat expert at stalling tactics, delays, changes of tack, half-truths rather than lies and so on. Unfortunately, the poor individual under fire just doesn't have the resources to last out a war of attrition.

I have personally sighted Omnudsman & CASA documentation over a LAME case as one example. The CASA behaviour is a disgust but in terms of lies by omission and diversion, etc is a masterpiece. The Ombudsman in the last paper i saw had very appropriately summed up the behaviour. But, the poor individual involved has had to put out considerable of his own $ and time to get natural justice and also lost out on a significant business opportunity.

The cause - a totally incorrect analysis and decision in the first place by CASA but then a refusal to step back and admit it.

I suspect on the other side of the coin Creamie has seen many cases where it was guilt and nothing but guilt, so we have differing perceptions.

I guess what we see are the negative ones but I must say my general perception is of a regulator who is totally vindictive if you fight back. The case of the removal of Dennis's SPL after the win of the case is a classic.
Cheers
Brian H