PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 problems in Kununurra
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 09:26
exmexican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete O Heat ( and I'm guessing your rank would be General)
Oh yay for the Generals and their powers of negotiation and arbitration! Now I get to work MAXIMUM hours for MINIMUM pay!
Well done boys but save the chest-beating for when you achieve something better than minimum conditions for workers.
Great that the pilots get to "go home early to avoid F&D problems". Does this mean that if they stayed to the agreed time, rather than leaving early, they would exceed F&D restrictions? Sounds like more work to be done in this area.
Any pilot that exceeds weight limits foolishly gambles with his own, and his pax, life. Stupid,stupid, stupid, and should not be a management issue. Sadly, it seems like not a bad risk at the time to many pilots under pressure. A few ramp checks might make companies see sense.
If you are working within the framework of F&D and the spirit of the regulations, you should never be "dog tired", especially to the point that you concoct words like "displacent".
Oops gotta go!

Furthermore, regarding "assumptions" I have made:
1. Battery life will be maximised by turning the fuel ON before starting the engine.
2. When on a non-scenic chtr, coastal is not the most direct route KU-KAL. Seriously, it's not a long leg, remember watch, map, ground.
3. Confidence in GA is not fostered by having to tap your pilot on the shoulder and point out that the selected rnwy is no longer in use. The information is available in ERSA, and this example of poor planning and observation(there are trenches dug through it) does not befit an experienced pilot.
Pete, these are things we can look back on, over a few beers and LAUGH! These, and many other incidents, are not the norm, nor the aim in GA, and there's certainly no "hands up" here for never making a mistake, but you've got to laugh. Vigorously denying or defending them doesn't help anyone.
As for calling me a "" from the anonymity of this forum, well, words fail me.
And your signoff could not be more misdirected. Tee Hee
Cheers

Last edited by Woomera; 22nd Aug 2003 at 11:13.