PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow 3-5 March 2017
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2017, 01:45
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see where Down and Welded is coming from, but isn't it pretty much 'horses for courses'..? There's no doubt that Avalon has a certain 'sameness' about it every time, but I mainly go to see the military jets get put through their paces, as I never get sick of seeing that and it's the only chance to see them up so close. I still get excited watching them even at my age (yeah I know, I need to get a life!). Some of the other stuff is a bit 'ho-hum' but that gives you a chance to wander around and be entertained by the likes of the pretentious wankers getting a guided tour of a G650, (as if they're actually going to buy one - I mean seriously, as if anyone who's in the market for one of these is going to inspect one & buy it on the spot at Avalon).

If you don't like Avalon, some of the other smaller airshows are also worth going to like Tyabb, and also Temora when they are on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Avalon doesn't satisfy everyone, but judging by the size of the crowds that turn up every time its on, there are plenty of people who still like it. For some, especially those looking for heaps of GA stuff, its not so good.

For GA buffs, there's no doubt Oshkosh is the pinnacle. Hopefully I can get over there to witness it 1st hand while I'm still upright.

PS - fl610 Dear God, nooooo! Who in their right mind would want to watch 5 sets of women's tennis! I'd rather pay them the extra money to NOT play 5!