PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft - buying my first one..
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 06:54
The Phoenix Rises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi IO540:

First with regard to the price, I have set the level at £100k because I think that is a reasonable entry into this game especially when I will have just got my licence. Whatever I get, it will have to be within that level. Annual maintenance/flying costs can come on top of course.

I guess ideally it means an N-reg because I will be going for the IR; but I do not know how quickly this can be achieved after a PPL. I am still considering the concept of going in to buying a plane at a lower level, and upgrading later. That I still so not know about yet. I can only imagine that the costs of buying one and then changing later will mean a loss.

It can be either personal purchase, or I can put it through Company Books to take care of the VAT. This I presume is not such a good idea if I am going buy one and upgrade later because of the +VAT element. But I can be flexible here.

I have told the club to forget the idea of the £3.5k, I will do it myself and ultimately get the plane I choose checked thoroughly first of course.

I think what I need to do - when I come up for air from the studies for the written exams (just got HPL btw! - 1 down 6 to go) - is get out and look at some of these planes, as suggested (and kindly invited) in this thread. I must not lose the focus of the exams of course but if I can do this concurrently that will save me time later.

Thanks for the link to the site, I have looked. The sale planes all seemed to be located in the USA (they were all in dollars) but I presume that there is a healthy market for them here in the UK too. Is there a UK site do you know?

I don’t plan to buy the plan and then share it. I am browsing the mags…

Once again, thanks for the input. I really appreciate it.

TP

Hi RodgerF:

Thanks for the link. I am exploring the site…!

TP