PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freesat Postcode.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2017, 14:30
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
My Humax freesat HD box is connected to the internet to give me access to some on-demand services (IPlayer, 4OD etc). As I understand it the only ways to get a Humax box to change it's location is to do either a factory reset (not recommended) or a channel "retune". In both cases it will ask you for a post code. Both will also delete any schedule settings you havem and any recordings you have in an internal or external hard disk.

My box was the "cheap" HD1000S (single tuner, no disk drive). I was peleasantly surprised to discover that plugging an external hard disk into one of the USB ports instantly gave it recording and pause/rewind functions.

I also have a panasonic freeview/freesat TV, and I found that this would take the location from the freeview receiver and use it for BOTH the freeview and freesat settings. We have almost no usable freeview coverage in my area, so I've simply tuned to freeview receiver to a non-existant channel to stop it updating things without telling me (I can get anything I want on either the freesat or sky sysytems anyway). Like most modern TVs, plugging a hard disk into one of its USB ports also adds record and live TV pause/rewind functions (a surprising number of people never read far enough through the manual to discover this!).

PDR