PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Denmark + New member says Hello ;-)
Old 8th Mar 2017, 14:13
Marsellus_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL in Denmark + New member says Hello ;-)

Hi everyone, my name is Marcel and as most you guys, I always wanted to be a pilot!

Before starting a discussion about flying in Denmark, let me write a couple of lines about myself:
  • 23 y.o. male from the Czech Republic
  • based in Copenhagen, Denmark since August 2015
  • BSc. in Computer Science, currently finishing MSc. in Engineering
  • working as Account Manager

As I said, flying had been a dream of mine since early childhood. But coming from a small village in the Czech Republic with parents making about 1.5k€ monthly combined, it was just a pipe dream tat would never come true.

Fast forward 15 years, now I live in Denmark, just about to finish my MSc. while working full time as an Account Manager for a SaaS company. By working my ass off during my university studies, I jump started my non-aviation career quite well. And a couple of months ago, while getting off the plane on a holiday, I glanced to the cockpit through the open door. Suddenly I remembered my childhood dream I suppressed for past 15 years...

So here I am, almost finished with my MSc. and with a career in SaaS sales that can support my aviation dream and server as a solid back-up, should anything go wrong. Now I can pony up approx €2k /15k DKK a month for aviation (after putting some money on the side and paying fixed costs). Once I graduate in June, the number will get to €3.3k/25k DKK a month.

I started to look for a flight school to get my PPL. More than the money, the issue is the time. There is no way I can leave work for 2-3 months to complete PPL and I'd rather use the vacation for time-building somewhere cheaper than Denmark So I am looking for aviation schools with following criteria:
  • in Demark, ideally near Copenhagen
  • English instruction
  • weekend/evening/distance/e-learning ground school

So far, I found a couple of them that might be a good fit:

*Learntofly ApS* - Learn To Fly ApS :: Forside (Aalborg)
*Flight4000* - Flight4000 A/S - Flyveskole/(Roskilde)
*GreyBird Pilot Academy* - https://pilotacademy.greybird.dk/en/about-greybird/ (Aarhus)
*Air Taxi* - AIRCAT - Copenhagen AIRTAXI (Copenhagen)

Do you have any experience with these flight schools or do you know someone who studied/teaches there? I've already asked all of them for pricing, other info, and requested a trial flight, but I want to hear the experience of people who are not affiliated with them.

Thank you and happy flying!