PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 8th Mar 2017, 09:25
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G0ULI
Lemain

I appreciate the sentiment. That said, just because you are highly experienced and respected doesn't mean you aren't capable of making a mistake.

One hopes that modern accident investigators have learned ..... from independent sources suggests that no stone has been left unturned in the search for a mechanical cause.

That just leaves human factors as a possibility and no doubt there will be much debate in the future about physiological, psychological and hidden medical conditions that can contribute to a complete disconnect between a person's perception and the reality of an emergency as it unfolds.
Hi G0ULI, That's what's troubling me. This isn't one "mistake". It's a significant spatial disorientation. The pilot becoming unwell is one plausible explanation. The report doesn't produce any evidence to support that but neither does it produce any evidence against. We all get thrown when instruments play up. Then we mistrust the dials. Very disorienting.

Hi Sillert, they have JetA1 at Shoreham. It's quite a decent little airport. They've also got a live webcam at Live Webcam of the Runway | Brighton City Airport, Shoreham I'm watching the pigeons lining-up for T/O right now.