PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2017, 19:05
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day Delta appears to be looking after is employees better than EK does and it does so with a far inferior product as well, which is even more admirable. If Delta is profitable and appears to be delivering its promises to its employees, then they must be doing something right.

We can debate seat pitch and the age of cabin crew until the cows come home but lets get the priorities right. Delta is comfortably making money and it seems to be making an effort at least to keep its employees on side at least. EK gave up on keeping its employees happy years ago.

With the paper thin yields at present along with over capacity in the industry, if my employer was in the black and making an effort to keep its employees happy, then the seat pitch they offer or the number of grey strands that your average cabin crew member sports, pales into insignificance. I have not met one expat here in the Gulf who complained about his/her transcon commute to or from work.

I have had the privilege of travelling long haul in F on other airlines whilst being an EK employee and the attention to detail elsewhere often leaves us at EK standing. Take a carrier that motivates its employees and who are encouraged to 'go off script' to bring that smile to the customer. That is something we rarely see at EK.

Last edited by Emma Royds; 7th Mar 2017 at 19:58.