PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HONG KONG AIRLINES A350
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2017, 18:44
flyer25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringbackthe80s, yes that's almost correct. However, if you fly 20 hours it would be 20hrs x (the pay rate for the block of hours 1-25). So, it would be slightly less. This is why they probably prohibited ladies and gents from swapping trips down below 50 hours of block time. So, you can give someone a trip from your schedule but you have to stay above 50 hours as well, as of last month. I think some people were just willing to take less pay and fly under the 50 hours. You could as of the last month's pilot meeting, trade for days off and give to someone your trip(s) thereby flying less than 50 hours. If you lived in the Philippines or somewhere else, then this gives you more time at home. You would retain some pay while having many more days off. But this sort of trade is only possible thru the informal trading using whatsapp. Remember, at HKA, days off are a big deal. The company promotes the philosophy of a "just culture" in which theoretically everyone has about the same number of days off which includes pilots. HR and the upper level management can not let go of the idea that someone would have more than the min days off if not using annual leave. Your life as a pilot should not be better than office staff. But I wouldn't jump ship from say CX to HKA unless things were bad for me at CX. CX has at this point still many more upside benefits even if you are sick of continuous long haul and all the other BS at CX.