PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parc to provide temp EK pilots?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2017, 17:13
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.5% is the figure for October 2015 to '16, so the 10% being quoted is wide of the mark. However, over 200 pilots leaving, or around 4 every week, is still not an insignificant amount. Most airlines can expect a rough 2-2.5% with an expat airline slightly higher, maybe 3-3.5 absolute tops. As Monarch Man said, the fact that he can't quote the figure says it all.

I also agree that JA is inherently honourable, as is MM & HD but their hands are tied. The major filter in the system is obvious but loss of face, culture and arrogant incompetence prevents this irksome individual from admitting he got it wrong. I pity MM to be honest, as the number of times he has to apologise to the trainers for broken promises is constant. The experienced ones are either leaving or, so demotivated to not really care much either way. Any further promises of 'improvements just around the corner' are met with derisory "whatevers" or "I'll believe it when I see it", "Heard it all before", "I shan't hold my breath".

Ironically, despite their positions, all those mentioned probably have less actual authority and control on their day to day work environment than we do!

With the pilot recruitment team depleted and the cabin crew one disbanded altogether, for at least 12 months, I can see no improvement on the horizon whatsoever. When the Company starts sending emails to previous unsuccessful candidates, you know we've hit rock bottom.

Harry