PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nearly missed flight due to no info screen update
Old 7th Mar 2017, 16:34
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assuming the flight was on time, or if it was delayed the new ETD was shown. It states on your boarding pass to be at the gate 20-30 minutes before the departure time, you weren't. Screens or no screens.
Seems odd that the screens went straight from "Please wait" to "closed" and in that matter of seconds up to 188 people had their passport checked, hand luggage checked and boarding card scanned, got on board and took their seats. If that's the case then to MLA for being able to board an FR so fast!
I'm amazed they let you on, I was refused boarding when I arrived at the gate 10 mins prior to STD, I had no luggage at all, not even hand luggage. I just got told, the flight is closed, go away. FR - NEVER AGAIN.
EZY for example close their gates at -20, some -15, most -10. You don't leave yourself many options of Airlines to fly with if YOU are late to the gate and expect them to accept you. It's not as simple of "I'm here, let me on", bags or not. You are offloaded from the check-in system and removed from the loadsheet and figures. It could take longer to put you back on it and then YOU have delayed the flight for being late