PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 7th Mar 2017, 15:00
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
HC,

You are correct that I have not flown either machine.

That being said....plain ol' commonsense tells me that the 225 has killed two Crews and Passenger loads of people as a result of shucking the entire Main Rotor System (both apparently from very similar causes) in a very short interval of time.

The 92 on the other hand, has not had a fatal accident that can legitimately be attributed to the Aircraft. In the Cougar crash the Crew did not follow the Checklist and the prolonged flight after that decision is what resulted in the Fatalities.

You can brag about the 225 automation all you wish....but until the things can keep their Rotorheads on.....then it is not the better machine no matter how you want to think it so.

Face it....the 92 is out there earning its living and the 225 is not.

So tell me....just why do you keep to that same old position?

Everything argues against your position.

We saw the Wessex removed from Civil Use post numerous fatal crashes did we not.....anyone that flew the Wessex loved it. But....it was removed from service.

I see the 225 thing much the same as the Wessex in how it all turned out.

Your loving how the 225 flew...versus your opinion of the 92.....that has nought to do with which aircraft is the better as Pilot Satisfaction is but one criteria of many that would determine the relative merits of various aircraft.

I personally rate the ability to retain the Rotorhead far more important than having a magic autopilot system. At the end of the Day I want to be stood at the Bar with a Pint in my hand and not plucking at a Harp.