PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 7th Mar 2017, 13:34
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bvcu
Observation on pitot static checks on the Hunter , during my time maintaining them on ETPS when doing the inverted spinning etc the leak checks were done every pre-flight due to the nature of the flying.
Hi bvcu, Did you see the section on that, in the report? 2.3.1.1 Pitot-static instruments I guess you've got the report in pdf? If you do a 'find' on 'pitot' 'static' and 'pitot-static' you'll find several refs. My interpretation is that the static was not checked after one servo-altimeter was exchanged some time before. The record keeping was poor and the Report says the serial No of the Alt was "transcribed" incorrectly. Would be interesting if you could cast your educated eye over that issue.

Just seems to me that if an experienced pilot was at the wrong altitude and speed the static is a very obvious common factor and is pretty much buried in the report. Not to mention the vulnerability of the combined pitot-static head with bods rushing around in the excitement of an air show.