PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HONG KONG AIRLINES A350
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2017, 12:26
flyer25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I meant that they are unpaid in that they are not valued or counted as add pay for you. So, if I use 2 weeks of the 28 days. You will get the basic pay plus MBA(G) and not other pays for the month; unless you trigger the other pays and fly above 50 hours which almost never happens. Sorry for the confusion. You can not sell the leave back for any value or have it count as additional pay towards your pay for the month. But lets say you take 2 days of sick leave without a sick note. You will be charged a certain amount for each of those days, it's a few hundred dollars USD per day. It's not a small amount and a nasty note in your file which may affect your bonus. But HKA lost a court case recently that will compel them to offer 48 days of annual leave or pay each pilot for 20 days of annual leave every year. This order was issued in January and since then the company has been silent while it runs various options with the lawyers to see how they mitigate having to pay out and assign a value to each day of annual leave. So, this case is a big deal in the company behind closed doors in that it will force them to come to terms with having to pay for each day of annual leave. It will be interesting see how they play this. They have announced that they will be offering MyIdTravel in April. But I am not sure how many carriers they will be able to travel with on Zed.