PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help a future pilot
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 04:36
Gerard123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help a future pilot

Hi there.

I'm a 17 year old student in South Africa. I'm now at the end of my school carreer looking forward to a life as an aviator. I'm planning on doing a 3year degree in aviation management whilst completing a com licence. My place in university is almost secure but I wanted to know from senior airline pilots if airlines will look at my high school results too. My dad rekons that if there are 100 pilots with the same hours meet the personality requirements etc. they will look to my high school results? Is this true ? I'm worried now because my results aren't to good(D average maths is standard grade). My flying abilities are pretty good (other peoples opinions) will this count more in my favour ?Also I'd like an honest opinion from airline pilots out there : do you enjoy your jobs fully or would you rather fly bush planes,EMS or police airwing? I've become tempted to join the police airwing, ultimately the decision is mine but what is the general opinion of people out there? So many questions !

Gerard.