PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Walt in court...
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2017, 19:24
BBK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LJ. You wrote the following:

"Don't forget that average VGS instructor gets a nose-bleed if they venture more than 10nm from the ATZ. They are taught to fly impeccable circuits and then pass that onto the Cadets. But their cross-country skills, R/T, knowledge of airspace and alike is not so good. That is why their flying time counts little towards the award of a PPL, unlike baby pilots that complete Elementary Flying Training (EFT) get effectively all of their flying time counted towards an NPPL."

Apologies for the thread drift but this has nothing to do with the dishonest person being discussed. It's merely your latest unjustified criticism of your local VGS as was. Have you even a shred of evidence? This VGS had an exemplary record and was highly rated by CFS/CGS.

As for the not so thinly veiled jibe at the two VRT officers that is beneath contempt. They have spent decades teaching cadets to fly and encouraging air mindedness not to mention being excellent ambassadors for the RAF. If you really want to say something I'm sure as simple "thank you" would suffice.

I have the pleasure, in my day job, of working with a lot of ex RAF pilots and I have great respect for their experience and training. However, the fact remains that where the VGSs were concerned the RAF let them down in the utter fiasco described elsewhere on this forum.

BBK