PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow 3-5 March 2017
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2017, 09:14
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wasn't going till my youngest son expressed an interest. Not going to let a chance go by Prepared for the onslaught, right lane passed the Pt Henry turnoff down to the Lara entry point. Nearly an hour from stopping traffic till pulling up in Orange 49. Ten dollars to park? Really? $150.00 lighter at the gate after an invigorating walk of over a km. Noting, I arrived at AV at midday. Big crowd. Found a spot right on display midpoint in front of the Boeing hospitality tent and enjoyed the show. Highights Jurgis is fantastic, the Super Decathalon, glider aerobatics, and the jet sonex...methinks the talking heads lost the prepared talking points for that one...The H coming in low and fast from right under the display line outside the perimeter fence...hot stuff!
Never realised the aerodynamic work on the tips of the Poseidon were so extensive...wonder when this migrates back into the 73 fleet? Military iron, C17, what a machine! The 22, best spend of 300mill to build an airshow routine. Really, the invasion thing? The guys need to go back to the RAAF airshows of the seventies and eighties to work out Fire and Movement. The modern stuff is neither slick nor fast...cummmon, Shock and Awe us!

End of the show, did the usual and walked the static display line. The buzz for my youngest, and Larissa, if you read PRUNE, showing us your P3 made his day Over 2kliks back to the car but worth it to walk passed soo many cars queuing out. Back out via Lara and Old Melbourne Rd back to Little River, Cranbourne in under two hours. I'm old and jaded but my son loved it so...priceless