PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 5th Mar 2017, 14:01
WallyWitless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The idea of temporary incapacity was being offered here as a reason for the accident happening. There is (at the moment) only the weakest possible circumstantial evidence to support that - which is that the pilot was making consecutive mistakes, I believe that was said, sorry but that is pretty weak stuff. It could be right but it's still pretty weak theorizing if not pure speculation.

I had previously tried to say why 2 of those mistakes may not be pilot error at all really or should have downgraded import. The lack of thrust during the climb isn't the fault of the pilot. Not rolling out at the top is somewhat understandable especially if that isn't even a formal training requirement - that's really not going to help is it & again isn't imo directly 'the fault' of the pilot if that is the lax aviation display 'culture' existing at the time. (I'm just going off the report there & do not mean that people were not adhering to regulations or not doing their best to keep everyone safe)

I just wanted to be seeing a fair discussion which the first half of this thread didn't seem to be to me. I am seeing a more even handed conversation now. But not here to cause trouble, I am just interested. I apologize for the tone of my previous post & will shut up now - you are welcome to think & may be right to suggest that this is a good idea.